New Zealand Comfort Group Limited ("The Comfort Group").
At The Comfort Group we're totally committed to protecting your personal information and will look after the information you entrust to us and keep it safely and securely.
Your Information - how we collect and hold it
- Your personal information is usually collected directly from you in a variety of ways such as filling out our feedback form, registering your product guarantee, using the mattress selector tool, submitting an after purchase enquiry, completing the post mattress selector survey, completing the post purchase survey, and by emailing or calling our customer service centre. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold includes names, contact details, products purchased, product and sleep preferences (e.g. mattress size and firmness), website usage, details about any product problems, marketing information, general inquiries and other feedback. We may also potentially receive personal information about your sleeping preferences and whether you suffer from any sleeping disorders or discomfort. If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide information on our products, or goods or services to you.
- We usually hold your personal information at our head office which is located at 41-71 Great South Road, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand. Usually the information is stored electronically on servers owned by us or third party data storage providers engaged by us. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security of your personal information.
Using and Disclosing Information
- We're always aiming to improve what we do and the more we know about you, the better we can serve you. The personal information that you supply to us enables us to personalise and improve your experience and relationship with us. It gives us a greater understanding of you, so that we can provide you with details of our products and promotions that we feel would be of interest to you. It also enables us to develop better products, attend to your after purchase enquiries and better market our products.
- The Comfort Group may share information about visitors in aggregate with third parties including advertisers, business partners and sponsors, to understand visitor trends and patterns, and to manage and improve our service. Such information will be anonymous so that visitor's privacy is protected.
- The Comfort Group may disclose your information in response to a threat of legal proceedings as for example in response to a Court Order or a subpoena. Further, if The Comfort Group is requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or other data collected about you and/or information concerning your activities whilst using one of our websites we shall do so. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of the above website, and that use is deemed by us to be inconsistent with the terms and conditions. In doing so, we will comply with the requirements of principle 11 of the Privacy Act 1993.
- The Comfort Group websites may contain links to other sites where information practices may be different. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement, the "click" may take you off this site. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors, and partners that may use our logo as part of a cobranding agreement. You should consult the other site's privacy notices as The Comfort Group is not responsible and has no control over information that is submitted to or collected by such third parties.
- The Comfort Group may also use available technology to determine which areas of our websites you visit and the activities which you participate in. This information will be used for the purposes of managing your account, business development, trend analysis and marketing.
- It is possible that The Comfort Group could merge with or be acquired by another business entity. Should such a combination occur, you should expect that The Comfort Group would share some or all of your information on a confidential basis in order to continue to provide the service. We would require the new combined entity to follow the privacy practices which you have agreed to on registration with us.
- We may potentially disclose your personal information to recipients located overseas. It is not practicable to specify all of the likely countries, however, The Comfort Group is part of a group of companies some of which have premises in Australia. It is possible that your personal information could be disclosed to other group companies and service providers located in Australia who are engaged by the group.
Your right to access and correct your personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction. If you wish to do either of these, please contact our Privacy Officer on 0800 753 377 or by email to email@example.com or by post to Private Bag 93315, Otahuhu, Auckland 1640 New Zealand.
You can complain if you think we have breached the Privacy Act 1993. As an initial step you should contact our Privacy Officer (see contact details above) by submitting a written complaint. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time (usually within 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response you may then take your complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.